Ashton Kutcher is trying to squeeze blood from a stone … “cause his production company is suing the broke-ass State of California for $1.4 mil … after the DMV allegedly backed out of a reality show deal.
In the lawsuit, obtained by our sources, Kutcher”s Katalyst Media — which produced “Punk”d” and “Beauty and the Geek” — claims it inked a deal with the CA DMV back in 2010 to participate in a reality show that would “capture the variously humorous, emotional, dramatic, moving, humanizing and entertaining situations that arise on a daily basis” at the DMV.
In fact, Katalyst claims it hammered out a “formal written agreement” with the DMV to shoot footage in the summer and fall of 2011. The deal called for 4 initial episodes with an option of 6 more.
Katalyst claims it spent hundreds of thousands of dollars gearing up for the show — only to get a 5-sentence letter from a DMV honcho 6 weeks later … trying to back out of the deal.
According to the suit, the DMV honcho said the project wouldn”t be in the DMV”s “best interests.”
Obviously, Katalyst is pissed — and wants at least $1.44 million to make things right.
Beef with the DMV Get in line …
- Nicky Hilton Sues for $5 Mil — My Ex-Partners SABOTAGED My Clothing Line
- Kyle Massey Sues — I Got Screwed Out of Bristol Palin’s Reality Show
- Ashton Kutcher Giving Up Management of His Twitter Feed
- Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis Reunite with That "70s Show Costars
- Whitney Houston’s Mom — Reality Show Could Launch Bobbi Kristina’s Career