The guest list for Whitney Houston”s funeral has now been revealed, and it promises to be a very musical occasion.
Leading the tributes at Saturday’s service will be singing legends Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder.
Whitney’s publicist, Kristen Foster, also confirmed that invitations have gone out to the singer”s ex-husband, Bobby Brown, her co-star in The Bodyguard, Kevin Costner, and talk show presenter Oprah Winfrey.
The eulogy will be given by gospel singer and family friend Marvin Winans, while Whitney”s long-time musical mentor Clive Davis will speak at the funeral.
Organisers have been working to prepare Newark’s New Hope Baptist Church, for some of the biggest names in music, setting up speakers and drums in the aisles.
In keeping with the family’s wishes for a low-key service, the streets around the church will be shut down.
But the funeral will be shown on television and internet, allowing fans to witness the send off for the tragic singer.
- Whitney"s funeral will be shared with fans via broadcast
- Whitney Houston’s Funeral — At Childhood Church … By Invite Only
- Whitney Houston — Private Viewing Set for TOMORROW
- Final curtain call: 18,000 to celebrate Whitney"s life
- Newark Mayor Cory Booker: Whitney Houston’s Family Asked City to Cancel Public Memorial Plans