Newly-crowned “American Idol” champ Phillip Phillips will finally undergo urgent kidney surgery next week, our sources has learned.
our sources broke the story … Phillips doctors ordered him to undergo a procedure to fix his severe kidney stone problems — which have worsened since the singer went on “Idol” — but Phillip refused, insisting on finishing the show first.
But now that it”s all over … and Phillip won … we”re told he”s finally planning on getting the operation in L.A. in the next 7-10 days.
We”re told Phillip”s parents will be flying in for support.
Kidney operations are no joke — Phillip can expect to spend several days in the hospital, followed by a 6-week recovery period.
- ‘American Idol’s’ Phillip Phillips Needs Surgery — BAD
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Phillip Phillips — Bad Kidneys Won’t Keep Me Off Show
- ‘American Idol’ Winner Phillip Phillips — Movin’ On Up … Family Dumping Pawn Shop
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Phillip Phillips — Hometown Scrimps to Send Family to Hollywood
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Phillip Phillips — Rushed to Doctor for Emergency Medical Treatment