Lee DeWyze exchanged vows with model/actress Jonna Walsh in a vintage-inspired ceremony on Saturday afternoon.
“It was really our style of wedding,” DeWyze, 26, the 2010 American Idol winner tells us exclusively. “Outdoors with chandeliers.”
And plenty of good music!
Walsh walked down the aisle to a song DeWyze penned just for her. “It”s called “Who Would Have Known,”" says DeWyze. “It”s a personal song that will be on my next album.”
Held in Camarillo, Calif., some 100 guests, many who flew in from DeWyze”s hometown of Chicago, were in awe of the bride”s Lili Bridal strapless vintage-style lace embroidered gown as she walked down the aisle. Joked Walsh, “It was mermaid shaped because I look like a ridiculous cupcake in a ball gown.”
After meeting in October of 2010 while shooting the video for DeWyze”s “Sweet Serendipity,” the couple went on their first date to a Lakers/Bulls basketball game. “When he took me home that night I called my mom and told her that I was going to marry him,” says Walsh, who is taking her new husband”s name. “I could feel it in my heart.”
“When I realized I could be 100 percent myself around her all of the time I knew I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life,” says DeWyze, who
- ‘American Idol’ Winner Phillip Phillips — Movin’ On Up … Family Dumping Pawn Shop
- ‘American Idol’ Winner Phillip Phillips — Big Surgery Imminent
- American Idol Reveals Season 11 Winner
- Idol Winner Phillip Phillips Isn’t Done Shedding Tears of Joy
- ‘Idol’ Winner Phillip Phillips — Celebrates His Win with a … $25k SURPRISE!