Phillip Phillips finally went under the knife to remove the enormous kidney stones that almost derailed his run to the “American Idol” title … our sources has learned.
We”re told Phillip had the 6 and a half hour long surgery in L.A. yesterday — and he is recovering well today. The stones that were removed were so huge there was no chance he could”ve passed them on his own.
As our sources first reported, Phil was scheduled to have the surgery last week … but it was delayed because he had a fever and sinus infection.
Phillip suffered through excruciating pain during the entire season of “Idol.” It obviously paid off.
Oh what a relief.
- ‘American Idol’s’ Phillip Phillips Needs Surgery — BAD
- ‘American Idol’ Winner Phillip Phillips — Big Surgery Imminent
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Phillip Phillips — Bad Kidneys Won’t Keep Me Off Show
- Phillip Phillips Surgery POSTPONED
- Phillip Phillips Had Eight Operations During American Idol Run, His Father Says