“American Idol” finalist Phillip Phillips’ family can”t afford to watch him perform live in Hollywood — so his hometown in Georgia is banding together … to raise money to send “em there … our sources has learned.
According to sources, it costs about $3,000 to fly out Phillip”s family from Leesburg, GA to Los Angeles — and the Phillipses simply can”t afford to make the trip … despite their son making it to the finals.
But the good citizens of Leesburg, GA have trying their best to help out … throwing fundraisers every Wednesday — where at least 15 merchants donate a percentage of their profits from that day … to help the family make the trip to tinseltown.
The events are so popular — Mayor Jim Quinn named “em ‘Phillip Phillips’ Wednesdays’ … and even gave Phillips’ family a key to the town.
Sources tell our sources — people from all over are eager to donate … townsfolk … tourists off the street … and even fans as far as Florida are mailing in checks.
Of course, anything sounds awesome when you have kidney stones.
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Phillip Phillips — Rushed to Doctor for Emergency Medical Treatment
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Phillip Phillips — Bad Kidneys Won’t Keep Me Off Show
- ‘American Idol’ Will Kick Contestant Off Show For Concealing Crimes
- Dancing with the Stars Eliminates Another Contestant – Dancing With the Stars, Carson Kressley, Chaz Bono, Chynna Phillips, Nancy Grace
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Jermaine Jones Shovels B.S. to Get Sympathy Vote