“American Idol” contestant Phillip Phillips” bum kidney will NOT end his run on the show — our sources has learned, he”s still determined to compete … even after undergoing an extremely painful medical procedure.
our sources broke the story, Phillip — who has a long kidney stone history — was rushed to a medical facility last week, complaining of some nasty abdominal pain.
According to sources, Phillip underwent a procedure to install a ‘stent’ in his kidney — a kind of medical tube thing — to help alleviate a blockage caused by kidney stones.
Here’s the catch — stents are super painful … the kind of pain that makes it hard to compete on a nationally-televised singing competition.
But Phillip”s dad tells us, his kid wants to stay in the competition as long as possible — despite the excruciating pain caused by the stent … and won’t have it removed “til his “Idol” run is done.
Kid really does have some serious stones.
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Phillip Phillips — Rushed to Doctor for Emergency Medical Treatment
- ‘American Idol’ Will Kick Contestant Off Show For Concealing Crimes
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Jermaine Jones Shovels B.S. to Get Sympathy Vote
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Jermaine Jones — Dad Who Abandoned Him Shows Up
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Jermaine Jones — History of Violence, Deception, Bullying