Jermaine Jones — the 6″8″ gentle giant on “American Idol” — has big problems with the truth, because he fabricated a sob story to “A.I.” producers to win the hearts and minds of the American people.
“A.I.” sources told our sources … last week, after appearing on the show … Jermaine came to them and said his dad called him from out of the blue, claiming pops abandoned him and his mom 10 years ago. Jermaine told producers he was extremely upset that his dad suddenly reappeared in his life now that he was famous and potentially rich. Jermaine said his dad was “a lousy father” and wanted nothing to do with him.
Well our sources spoke with Jermaine”s dad, Kevin Jones, who says the sob story is absurd — that he has had an ongoing relationship with the young man through the years and even had dinner with him on both Wednesday and Thursday night of last week.
Kevin also says his son was not telling the truth about getting a phone call from out of the blue — Kevin says he was actually in the audience last week supporting his child.
We spoke with production people on “Idol” who tell us they are “shocked” Jermaine concocted the story and it seems like it was all a ploy to get some traction on the show.
We could not reach Jermaine for comment.
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Jermaine Jones — Dad Who Abandoned Him Shows Up
- Jermaine Dupri — Sued Over $80,000 in Unpaid Lamborghini Bills
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant’s Dad — I Was Not in Rehab When My Son Auditioned!
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Phillip Phillips — Rushed to Doctor for Emergency Medical Treatment
- Smoking Hot ‘American Idol’ Contestant Brittany Kerr — Bikini Photo Hunt Crashes Website