A moody silent movie star glares at the camera in an atmospheric set of photographs which look like they”ve come straight out of a seedy Paris nightclub.
But this is no historic footage. Closer inspection reveals the magician is none other than Oscar-winner Adrien Brody.
The cool New Yorker has taken part in the shoot for prestigious German optical company Carl Zeiss AG.
The Pianist actor teams up with top model Toni Garrn in a “1920s atmosphere reminiscent of the black and white films of the era.
Photographer Ellen von Unwerth used “deep contrasts” and ·”lots of shadow to make it dramatic and even emotional.”
“Working with Adrien was a lovely experience. He”s really friendly and great to work with, totally relaxed, easy going and unassuming,” added the renowned snapper.
Michael J. Fox and Willem Defoe have taken part in the iconic calendar shoot in previous years.
check the photos for full gallery
- Justin Timberlake gives fans the chance to become his personal photographer
- Revenge: Sneak Peek at Emily VanCamp"s New Show
- Rihanna Esquire"s Sexiest Woman Alive
- Big Brother"s back: Newlywed Tara makes surprise appearance as celebs enter house
- Victoria Beckham goes back to flats as she takes Harper Seven out for a stroll