Hollywood is mourning the loss of Cory Monteith this afternoon (July 14) after learning about his sudden death in a Vancouver hotel room.
Those closest to him are feeling the devastating loss the hardest, especially parents Anne and Joe, and brother Shaun. In addition, the 31-year-old actor left behind a blossoming relationship with his “Glee” co-star Lea Michele, whose rep stated, “We ask that everyone kindly respect Leas privacy during this devastating time.
In memory of the talented young actors” darling on-and-off-screen romance, GossipCenter takes a look back at the couple”s to 10 moments.
1. Before officially announcing their relationship, Cory and Lea lit up the small screen on the “Glee” set in New York City. In April 2011, the pair shot scenes for the season finale and looked extremely happy together.
2. Continuing to keep their romance under wraps, the pair hit up the “Glee” 3-D movie premiere in Los Angeles with their cast mates back in August 2011.
3. Just a few months after publicly announcing their relationship, Lea and Cory headed over to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for a relaxing vacation in April 2012.
4. Bringing their romance out into the public eye, the co-stars enjoyed time with fellow stars at the 11th annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball in Los Angeles, CA in June 2012.
5. Ending their first summer as an official couple with a work session, Lea and Cory filmed scenes for their Fox series in Battery Park, New York in August 2012.
6. Heading out for a truly wonderful evening, the “Glee” pair attended the 2012 Do Something Awards in August. Miss Michele scored the award for TV Star: Female, while Cory nabbed the TV Star: Male honors and both lovebirds seemed thrilled with their corresponding hardware.
7. During promotions for his hit series, Cory headed over to the “Ellen Degeneres Show” in December 2012 where he chatted about his romance with Lea. When asked what Monchele is, Cory replied, Of course I know what Monchele is. Its Monteith and Lea Michele. We are [a couple]. Of course we are.
8. Enjoying their 2013 New Years” break, the lovebirds took a lovely vacation on the sandy beaches of Hawaii. During their trip, the Glee gal pranced around in a red bikini as she explored the warm waters while her beau stayed on shore and snapped pictures.
9. Shortly after ending his stint in rehab, Cory and Lea attended a Vancouver Canucks vs. San Jose Sharks game together in May 2013. The couple seemed to be thoroughly enjoying their date as they cheered for the home team, though San Jose ended up winning 3-1.
10. Heading out for a good cause, Miss Michele and Monteith attended the Chrysalis Butterfly Ball in Los Angeles in June 2013. Speaking about the non-profit during the event, Cory shared, “Chrysalis is empowerment. It”s not just a handout. It”s empowerment. It”s taking people who just need a help up.”